Case Manager

Kaiwhakahaere Kēhi

Case managers (Kaiwhakahaere Kēhi) work directly with offenders from the moment they come to prison through to their release. Their focus is to plan so that offenders receive the treatment and programmes they need at the right level, at the right time.

Case managers spend about 20% of their time working face-to-face with individuals and the remaining 80% writing reports, recommendations, and case notes. They work closely with teams across Corrections and with external agencies such as the New Zealand Parole Board, Police and Oranga Tamariki.

Apply now

Case Manager
 Skills we look for

 We are looking for people who:

  • are able to motivate others
  • are critical thinkers with the ability to assess information
  • have strong writing skills
  • are collaborative with the ability to take on feedback/highly reflective
  • have knowledge of relevant government policies, regulations, communities they work in, and social agencies.
What we can offer
  • Monday to Friday working week
  • Salary range of $57,055 to $76,436 before progressing into senior roles
  • Four weeks' holiday annually
  • Initial Learning Pathway – One week Ara Tika (induction in Upper Hutt), then 25 weeks Pou Ārahi Iho (Case Management Initial Learning Pathway).
What you need
  • Tertiary qualification preferred or background in mental health or community work
  • Analytical with strong administrative skills
  • Full New Zealand or International Driver Licence
  • Ability to pass a drug test
  • Declare any conflicts of interest and previous convictions. Clean Slate act applies where the police vet will not provide any information that should not be disclosed under the act.

Meet our people

Ready to apply?