Community Work Supervisor
About the role
Our community work supervisors led over one and a half million hours of community work last year delivering meaningful projects to schools, community groups, Marae, and churches across the country.
Community work supervisors oversee and manage up to eight people in our care who are serving community work sentences in order to develop work skills and work habits.
They have a people-orientated approach and the ability to motivate and encourage others while being patient and enforcing the rules.
Skills we look for
We are looking for people who:
- are good at communicating with a range of people
- have practical knowledge and experience obtained through life skills or various job roles
- are strong problem-solvers
- have good judgement and decision making
- have high integrity.
What we can offer
- 9-hour working days including paid lunch break
- Rostered work between Monday to Sunday
- Permanent, Full time, Part time or Casual positions available
- Initial learning pathway of one week at Ara Tika (induction in Wellington) then on the job training
What you need
- Full New Zealand or International Driver Licence
- Good relationship management skills and able to deal with immediate safety risks
- Ability to drive a manual vehicle
- Ability to pass a drug test