Moving to Aotearoa, New Zealand
New Zealand is a country like no other. We’re different down here, in our little corner of the world. Join our nursing team at Corrections New Zealand and come and find out for yourself.
Wherever you are in New Zealand, nature is always on your doorstep. And with that comes endless opportunities to explore and get amongst what makes New Zealand truly unique. From golden picturesque beaches, to the wild untamed wilderness - we have it all. So, if caring is your calling, we’d love to have you and your family join our team and help us make a real difference as we rehabilitate some of the most vulnerable in our community.
What's on offer
- Five weeks holiday annually
- Competitive salaries
- Relocation packages including flights and accommodation
- Initial learning pathway
- Career progression and development opportunities
- Study support for long-term work-related qualifications
Health and wellness
- Health checks, vaccinations, discounted health and personal insurance
- Access to employee assistance programme - a professional counselling service
- Culturally responsive
- Equal employment opportunities
- Union representation
Make caring your career
Work for us and be part of our holistic vision for healthcare and help rehabilitate our most vulnerable, in an environment that looks out for and cares for each other. If caring is your calling, join our nursing team to make a real difference.
A nēhi career at Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a career that grows with you. Everyday you’ll have the opportunity to change lives and rehabilitate our most vulnerable people. Our nēhi build real connections with those in our care, and approach wellness and wellbeing through a holistic lens. No day is the same, from screening and assessment activities, mental and physical care and emergency interventions, our nēhi do it all.
- Competitive salaries:Registered Nurses $59,834 to $83,186 (plus PDRP), Enrolled Nurses $54,432 to $62,847 (plus PDRP), Clinical Team Leaders $92,687 to $102,178
- Rostered hours between 6am - 10pm, seven days a week
- Five weeks annual holiday
- Health and wellbeing support
Opportunities for growth
- Extensive paid training, education and onboarding
- Pathways for career progression including Nurse Practitioner roles
- Diverse clinical workloads and practice
- Supportive team environment – we grow together and make change together
Nursing at Corrections, NZ
'Kotahi anō te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te iwi' - ‘There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of our people.’
Want to know more?
Sign up to learn more about what it means to be a nēhi at Ara Poutama Aotearoa.