About the role
What you'll do
Nursing at Corrections provides opportunities to change lives through improving the health of vulnerable and often high health need people.
Our nurses are valued members of multi-disciplinary teams working to support people in prison to achieve the goals in health care and custodial management plans.
Our nurses are the health professionals offenders in prison see most regularly. They undertake screening and assessment activities, deliver health education, and provide primary health care and emergency interventions for acute and chronic mental and physical health conditions.
Skills we look for
We are looking for people who:
- have advanced assessment and decision making skills
- ability to communicate with diverse groups of people
- have strong understanding of professional boundaries
- committed to working part of a team
- can work independently
- the ability to manage workload and juggle priorities.
What we can offer
- Rostered hours between 6am and 10pm, seven days a week. There is a rostered on-call requirement between the hours of 10pm and 6am
- Enrolled Nurses salary ranges from $48,126 to $50,991 (plus PDRP allowance on achievement)
- Registered Nurses salary ranges from $51,105 to $68,407 (plus PDRP allowance on achievement)
- Clinical Team Leaders salary ranges from $79,800 to $86,940 (includes 3 steps)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
What you need
- Current New Zealand practising certificate
- Legal right to work in New Zealand
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Declare any conﬂicts of interest and previous convictions to be assessed on a case by case basis. Clean Slate act applies - police vetting will not provide any information that should not be disclosed under the Clean Slate Act