Our Operations Advisers are part of a 24/7 team based in Wellington who assist frontline staff in the management of electronically monitored offenders and defendants around NZ.
You can expect to be challenged, but also to leave each shift with a sense of satisfaction that comes from making an important contribution towards managing the people in our care and keeping our community safe.
What you'll do
This is a demanding role - the phones can be exceptionally busy and no two days will be the same. You'll use modern GPS technology and software to make important decisions and support frontline team to carry out their work.
Daily tasks might include working with Police to coordinate a welfare check or the arrest of a high risk individual, assisting a Probation Officer in the management of their offender, or problem-solving over the phone with offenders or defendants who are facing difficult and stressful situations.
Skills we look for
We are looking for people who have:
- the ability to communicate and engage clearly with people from all different cultures and backgrounds
- high resilience to deal with shift work, challenging people and situations
- strong computer literacy
- an ability to make sound decisions whilst adhering to process and established frameworks
- strong people skills and a sense of humour.
What we can offer
- A 40 hour working week on rotational roster - morning (6am-2pm), afternoon (2pm-10pm), day (9am-5pm) and night (10pm-6am) shifts, Monday-Sunday including public holidays.
- Salary range of $57,398 up to $67,527
- Five weeks' holiday annually
- Initial learning pathway – four weeks of 9am-5pm Monday-Friday training
What you need
- A tertiary qualiﬁcation beneficial but we value life experience
- Good relationship management skills with high resilience and the ability to deal with immediate safety risks
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Declare any conﬂicts of interest and previous convictions.