Health, Safety and Wellbeing
Leading the change
The safety and wellbeing of our people is at the heart of everything we do at Corrections. We want to hear from you - an experienced health and safety and/or wellbeing practitioner.
About the team
The Safety and Wellbeing function drive and enable teams and projects across the department to achieve outstanding health and safety and/or wellbeing (HSW) outcomes.
This is achieved through a people based continuous improvement operating model of plan, do, learn and improve and delivered by the following three teams:
- Strategy & Systems: Develop and implement the strategic plan, policy and procedures for safety and wellbeing.
- Business Partnering: Lead implementation of policies, procedures and new initiatives across the department, provide HSW advice to teams and staff, provide staff welfare and rehabilitation support, and build local HSW networks.
- Insights and Assurance: Develop and manage reporting systems, produce HSW reports, oversee formal Learning Reviews and drive safety and wellbeing assurance activities.
Today we employ around 10,000 people located in over 151 sites and 18 prisons across the country. Every day, we have over 1300 workers involved in high-risk industries, such as construction, engineering, construction, agriculture and others. We have over 2,500 contractors and service providers that we share health and safety services with. This means the work of a HSW practitioner is unique, dynamic and interesting.
At Corrections, we offer a range of benefits including but not limited to the following:
- Professional development opportunities
- Insurance, banking and healthcare schemes at favourable rates
- Kiwisaver contributions
- Retail discounts
- Employee support options
We’re currently seeking expressions of interest from Health and Safety and/or Wellbeing practitioners who want to progress their career in a challenging and rewarding role.